Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Toro Field Day

The Preserve hosted an event on the 17th fairway that was a great opportunity for all of the Superintendents and Assistants in Northern California to see what the Toro company's golf maintenance fleet had to offer. I unfortunately did not have my camera with me that day so there will not be any photos on this post.

The day started for me as a normal work day. I spent a couple of hours picking up aerification plugs on three approaches. I then went to the 17th fairway where they displayed all of Toro's new equipment. Many pieces of Toro equipment were demonstrated and explained. Once every piece was showcased, shuttle vans arrived to bring everybody back to the work trailers for a BBQ. After the BBQ, three foursomes went out onto the golf course to play 18 holes of golf. I was in one of the foursomes and played with Jason Green (Superintendent of San Jose CC) Bill Brookhart (CSE, Toro) and Michael Happe (CME, Toro). The event in total was a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment